W I T N E S S E T H:
WHEREAS, Lessor is the owner of a houseboat in (Slip #41) at the Venice Marina (hereinafter referred to as the “Premises”);
WHEREAS, the parties desire to enter into this lease agreement;
NOW, THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the covenants and obligations contained herein and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties hereto hereby agree as follows:
1. USE OF PREMISES. Tenant is obligated not to use any part of the Premises for any purpose that is unlawful or that tends to injure or depreciate the property or that in any way increases the fire risk of the building or obstructs or conflicts with or violates any of the laws, ordinances, rules or regulations of any governmental authority or regulatory agency. In the event of the violation of any law, ordinance, rule or regulation by Tenant, or the injury or depreciation of the property other than due to ordinary wear and tear, or the violation of any of the above mentioned conditions, Lessor may, at its option, declare Tenant in default pursuant to Paragraph 11 of this lease.
2. CONDITION OF PREMISES. All appurtenances, including the locks, keys, plumbing, glass, heating and air conditioning systems and all other fixtures are accepted by Tenant in their current condition. Tenant agrees to maintain the said Premises in their present condition during the term of this lease at his/her expense and to return them to Lessor in the same condition at the termination of this lease, excepting only normal decay, wear and tear, by actual delivery of the keys to Lessor or its representative. Lessor will pay for repair of things that break under ordinary usage.
3. ASSIGNMENT AND SUB-LETTING. Tenant shall not assign this Agreement, or sub-let or grant any license to use the premises or any part thereof without the prior written consent of Lessor. A consent by Lessor to one such assignment, sub-letting or license shall not be deemed to be a consent to any subsequent assignment, sub-letting or license. An assignment, sub-letting or license without the prior written consent of Lessor or an assignment or sub-letting by operation of law shall be absolutely null and void and shall, at Lessor's option, terminate this Agreement.
4. HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. Tenant shall not keep on the Premises any item of a dangerous, flammable or explosive character that might unreasonably increase the danger of fire or explosion on the Premises or that might be considered hazardous or extra hazardous by any responsible insurance company.
5. UTILITIES. Lessor provides electricity, cable and water to the Premises.
6. DAMAGE TO PREMISES. In the event the Premises are destroyed or rendered wholly uninhabitable by fire, storm, hurricane, or other casualty not caused by the negligence, fault or design of the Lessor, Tenant shall pay such proportion of the rent as may be due at the time of such casualty, and this Agreement shall terminate from such time except for the purpose of enforcing rights that may have then accrued hereunder.
7. SURRENDER OF POSSESSION. Upon the expiration of this lease or at its termination for any other cause, Tenant shall surrender the Premises in as good a state and condition as they were at the commencement of this Agreement, reasonable use and wear and tear thereof excepted.
8. INSURANCE. Tenant acknowledges that any insurance coverage(s) secured by Lessor are for Lessor’s sole and exclusive benefit and that no insurance coverage is provided thereunder for any of Tenant’s personal property on the Premises or for any liability of Tenant to Lessor or to any third party.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. Lessor shall not be liable for any damage or injury of or to the Tenant, Tenant's family, guests, invitees, agents or employees or to any person entering the Premises or from any defects in the premises of Lessor, nor from the acts of negligence of Lessor or other persons in or upon the premises, and Tenant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Lessor harmless from any and all claims, damages or assertions of every kind and nature. It is the responsibility of Tenant to procure insurance for Tenant’s personal property and personal liability as these items are not included in Lessor’s insurance coverage.
10. ATTORNEYS' FEES. Should it become necessary for Lessor to employ an attorney to enforce any of the conditions or covenants hereof, including the collection of rentals or gaining possession of the Premises, Tenant agrees to pay all expenses, costs and charges so incurred, including a reasonable attorneys' fee, in the event Lessor prevails. Should Tenant prevail, Lessor will pay all expenses, costs, and charges incurred.
11. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed, construed and interpreted by, through and under the Laws of the State of Louisiana.
12. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement or the application thereof shall, for any reason and to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, neither the remainder of this Agreement nor the application of the provision to other persons, entities or circumstances shall be affected thereby, but instead shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law.
13. BINDING EFFECT. The covenants, obligations and conditions herein contained shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the heirs, legal representatives, and assigns of the parties hereto.
14. MODIFICATION. The parties hereby agree that this document contains the entire agreement between the parties and this Agreement shall not be modified, changed, altered or amended in any way except through a written amendment signed by all of the parties hereto.
15. PAYMENT. By paying for a rental, you are agreeing to all conditions and polices of this Lease Agreement.
Copyright 2013. House Boat Rental | Venice, LA. All rights reserved.
By clicking on "Buy Now" and making a payment you are agreeing to all conditions and polices of the above Lease Agreement.
Click on the button below to make your rental payment online using your credit card or Paypal account. Please include the dates you want in (Add special instructions to the seller). There is a $100.00 refundable damage deposit included in the payment.